Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010- A year in review.
It has been a wonderful terrible year. I rather think it’s that way every year for most of us.


Ellie was born this year. She is m fifth grandchild. But since Lise-me and her four kids all live in Wisconsin, Ellie is the first grand baby I get to see on a weekly basis. Madi –who is #1 granddaughter, came and spent time with us this summer. She’s much more fun as a teen than any of our kids were….

Ben retired this year- though the jury is still out on whether that is good or bad. Some days I get nothing done!
I discovered microfiber cleaning cloths this year- you can even clean windows with them-no more paper towels!
 I left the Clay Team (real estate) this year. The jury is still out on that too. I have been in the industry for almost 7 years now (I sold real estate I the 1980’s also but left to raise my family) I am now lead agent for the Home Team- so if you know anyone who is looking to buy o sell a property…please give them my number, or give me theirs!
Right now, homes are selling for about 2001 prices in the Atlanta area. I am constantly amazed  at people who think that their house is different so will sell for 2006 prices, and at people who think they will buy a house for 1990 prices.
At my house, the last week of December is usually busy-- Son in law, Josh, has a birthday, as does daughter, Jessica. This year they will get cakes late. Though I believe they got them late last year too. Then it’s News Year’s Eve and New Years Day. I totaled my car this week, but was uninjured….just a few bruises. I decided that it is better to end a year with a crash rather than begin a year with one!
I am resolving that 2011 will be a great year for all of us!
304 days until I am 60

1 comment:

  1. Mary Beth, I am just catching up on your December blog posts. Thanks for sharing all your great recipes, your memories of Christmas past, and all the goings-on at your house during the holidays. I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are okay. And, yes, it's better to end the year with a crash than begin with one. I'm with you; 2011 is going to be a wonderful year. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete