Friday, December 3, 2010

14 Bins of Decorations

My little darlings are arguing over who has to take my Christmas decorations when I die (seeing as it's only 333 days until I am 60) .
I admit I love decorating for Christmas, it  gets me in the holiday mood.
So far, the tree is up, alas, it looks like I may have to remove the animated "Tigger" from the tree, he creaks with every movement he makes-so loudly it interferes with the TV- you'd think he was almost 60, too. At least Winnie the Pooh still moves easily.
The front porch is done, though Ben tells me the three trees out there keep tipping over, so I may have to get out my trusty glue gun and glue the darn things down. 
The dining room is almost finished. I have to laugh, the last time Ben sat at the table to eat was Thanksgiving, before that it was Easter! Now Ben is whining that he can't sit and eat at the dining room table for the next month. I am posting a picture of my nearly finished dining room- finished except for chargers and china. Pay attention to the candle holders-with tree toppers instead of candles. I love my trusty glue gun!

And the Nativity set takes 2 bins all by itself....OK maybe I shouldn't have made camels that were more than a foot tall. When I brought home the boxes of ceramics to paint, Ben asked me which child I was kicking out to make room for the nativity set. I am considering donating it to a church, but I'll have to make myself another one (small enough to actually all fit on the fireplace mantle) first.
My children act as if 4 trees, 14 bins and 3 bags of Christmas decorations are too much! Counting the baths that's only one and three-forth bins per room! The village takes up an entire bin, and at least three of those bins and three of the trees are for outside!
OK I admit, I may have gone slightly overboard with the snowman toilet seat cover...But hey! It's Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I understand ALL of this completely. I can relate, even tho I have scaled down considerably. I gave the village to my son along with outside Frosty and Santa and 2 4' candles. Five boxes of "old fashioned" bulb lights.....yup, I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to have this problem one day! Right now my Christmas supplies of my own consist of a Simi ornament and a photograph glass ball of Paul and me we had taken years ago... which I might just give to my mother-in-law as I don't know where it is! I'd love to find a pretty snowflake tree topper and, if I could actually paint, it'd be fun to make a little town. How cool would it be to make Hogsmeade? Sorry, my Geek is showing.

    ReplyDelete