Monday, December 20, 2010

Red Velvet Cookies

I have just received my fifth request for a Christmas recipe. For the next few days, besides my regular blog I am going to post one of them. My red velvet cookies are always a big hit, easy to do and very pretty.

1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix (I buy whatever is on sale.)
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
Mix all ingredients together. This will make a nice cookie dough. Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.  (I use a ½ tsp measuring spoon and make is slightly rounded) Flatten down slightly Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 7-10 minutes) or until desired doneness. Cool and then frost with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting1 8 ounce package cream cheese -- softened
1/4 cup stick margarine or butter -- softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 To4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
The smaller you make the cookies the shorter the cooking time. This recipe makes 18 large (10 minute cooking time) sandwich cookies or about forty 1½ inch. (7 minute cooking time)

1 comment: