Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On saying ”I love you”
Today is my birthday. My 59th. The beginning of my 6oth year. OMG! How'd that happen? Most days I feel as if I'm 30, occasionally I feel 35, and once or twice this last year I have felt every moment of my age. This next year I will certainly tell you when that happens.
This blog is going to be something of a journal of my 60th year. I make no promises on this, I may write two or three blogs and quit or I might actually make it the entire year (yea, right). I have subjects for three more blogs but then we all know how I love to talk.
As you all know I am in real estate. (I am assuming that no one but people who know me will actually see and read this blog) I will try not to blog too much about that...unless something happens that upsets me, then all bets are off.
I have now seen a birthday that neither of my parents did. My father died at 36 with a coronary, my mother at 58 from complications of COPD. How's that for a family health history, huh? Luckily, we live in a time when we can live to well over a hundred. I figure I am good for another twenty-five to thirty years,but hey- if God calls....well, just in case I don't see eighty-five, I will continue to enjoy every day and do it the way I want!
If I could give one piece of advice-after 59 whole years on this Earth it would be to say “I love you”. Yea- yea, you've heard it before, but think about this: If you died suddenly today, what would be the last thing your husband or children will remember you saying? My kids, my husband, my sister, brother, nieces, nephews, and closest friends will all remember “I love you” as my last words. I admit, I have made it a habit-but I developed that habit on purpose. (Oh wow! Not all my habits are bad!) My children and I have even had a discussion about why it's my habit. They already know that I want that to be what they remember of me. If they actually read this, I guess now my family and friends know too.
One last thing- it is election day! Instead of saying Happy Birthday to me, tell me you voted!

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a bit late on the commenting department, but I'll just say I voted! Also, I wrote you in so I totally voted for you! I just can't remember for what now! lol So the fact that you're not in office is not my fault. ;)

    ReplyDelete