Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mother of the Bride

359 days until I am 60!
I didn't blog for two days! Life goes on, and sometimes it gets busy. I spent 9 hours yesterday showing log cabins in the north Georgia mountains. I have to say, if you can buy a home or a second home or a rental house...do it NOW! Some of the buys I'm seeing are unbelievable! 6 bedrooms 3.5 baths, 3 fireplaces, 2 kitchens for 270K! OMG! Ben would have hated it tho...no yard work- it's all woods.

Tomorrow is Jessica and Josh'es 2nd anniversary. Wow that 2 years went fast! I would not wish Mother of the Bride on my worst enemy!
Jessica is CDO, in case you don't know what that is....she's so OCD that it must be in alphabetical order. Jessica took over doing her own laundry when she was 11. She says it was because it shouldn't be my job....she doesn't fool me, she took it over because she didn't like the way I folded her t-shirts. Her DVDs are in order and she can walk into the room and know which one has been borrowed from 20 feet away! She has an alarm set on her phone to call her dad every evening at 7 pm to check on his blood sugar levels (ok, I find that one funny).
So Jessica and I start planning her wedding...(first off she ONLY GAVE ME 9 MONTHS TO PLAN)
You have seen those brides on TV who drive their poor mothers crazy? That was how I have pictured Jessia-I assumed she would be Bridzilla, driving her poor mother crazy with her lists and demands.  So we go to look at dresses...she tries 2 on....her dress is chosen, ok, neat, that was easy. We hit the fabric store and she lets her girls and I pick out the bridesmaids dress patterns and materials. wow that was easy!  Everything I suggested she went along with!!!!! Who is this kid!!!! OMG a pod person!!!! She went along with my venue suggestion, food suggestions, invitation suggestion. We hired the very first photographer we spoke with!
Then she called me "Momzilla"- and suggested prozac! All I have to say about that is that if she'd been Bridzilla as I expected I wouldn't have had to have been "Momzilla". Below is a picture of Jessica, Josh and Ben.


2 comments:

  1. I loved your blog post and the picture to accompany is HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momzilla or not, the wedding was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete